Thank you for your interest in Bright & Happy Books. We welcome submissions from authors and agents on the following subjects:
- Health & Wellness
- Personal Growth
- Trivia and Pop Culture
We do not publish fiction.
Please also note that by submitting to Bright & Happy Books, you acknowledge that we may be currently developing, or may plan to develop in the future, books based on similar ideas or based on previous submissions already received which may be similar to your proposed idea. Please send copies of your work. Do not send original manuscripts or artwork. We will not be held liable for any materials lost or destroyed in the mail. And we will not return material to you.
Your proposal should contain the following components:
- The proposed book title and subtitle.
- A brief overview (a paragraph or two) of the proposed idea, why you wrote it, and who the audience is (it’s also helpful if you can provide some data to back up any claims to such audience).
- A brief author biography (one page or less) that details any special qualifications you have for writing this book, any previously published works (with sales figures), a description of your platform (i.e. social media subscriber numbers, speaking engagements, communities you’re involved in, etc.), and any other information you think will be helpful.
- An annotated table of contents containing chapter and section titles and brief descriptions of the material to be covered (not more than ten pages total).
- A comprehensive list of competitive titles published in the last five years as well as a brief discussion of the elements that set your book apart from the competition.
- A sample chapter, and any visual materials that communicate the tone and concept.
The total length of the proposal should be no more than 20-25 pages. It should be set in 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman type, as a Microsoft Word document.
Proposals sent via email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; hard-copy materials should be mailed to:
Bright & Happy Books
872 S. Milwaukee Ave #68
Libertyville, IL 60048